Sign up for news about Gavin Friday – ‘catholic’ – the forthcoming album

Gavin Friday - catholic - album sleeve

To receive news about Gavin Friday’s forthcoming album entitled ‘catholic’, which will be out in Ireland on Good Friday, April 22, 2011, sign up for our mailing list.

Related news

19 Responses to Sign up for news about Gavin Friday – ‘catholic’ – the forthcoming album
  1. sue marley
    February 18, 2011 | 7:22 am

Hope it will be followed by tour incorporating Manchester, England! Best gig ever in my entire life was at Royal Northern College of Music…..happy dayz

2. DIL23
    February 18, 2011 | 12:16 pm

…out in ***Ireland*** I’m in Scotland when do we get it??? 8-|

3. lexyboy
    February 18, 2011 | 9:23 pm

Amazingly powerful album cover!

4. filippo
    February 18, 2011 | 10:56 pm

I think this pic will be soon very famous in many magazine covers (HOPE). It’s amazing, supreme, fantastic, galactic and many other terms. A masterpiece!!!

5. Jimitits
    February 18, 2011 | 11:35 pm

And if we die, we die, yeah it, cover has the vogue of times, zoombies, sorrow, death, JC n the church, etc!
    Masterpiece, um, sure, it is a Friday cd cover, however like a book, it is not the cover so much as the content it holds inside! So wishing Friday the best as always, that chip on ur shoulder is now a small boulder,? Lol! The church gave u a mind fuck, but it made u the mad genius that FH was born into n transformed u into Oscar Wilde 21st century style! Not all bad! Nothing ever is, without the formal catolic religion, I left that h out for artistic expression, JC n mystics were n r part of the deal! Cover needed red robed lamas, jc as spirit, holy ghost, real, maybe dancing Krishna, Shiva? Msybe not, bottom line
    Jesus loves u Friday! More than ur fans! It’s later than any of us realize,
    Gavin a bible quote 4U! From the heart,
    John 14:1 let not ur heart be troubled, it seems as if msybe it is? sign of the times!
    Many are, god loves great art, you n anyone reading this!
    Peace
    Happy Friday !!

6. Rebecca Evans
    February 19, 2011 | 1:03 pm

You are so exciting..

7. MK
    February 20, 2011 | 7:45 am

Since ’96 been waiting. Shag tobacco still plays weekly beside my
    bed. cd barely hold up. can’t wait.

8. BXL Air
    February 20, 2011 | 10:22 pm

Your fans here in Belgium have been waiting too long for this album! CAN’T WAIT TO HEAR IT!

9. Sara
    February 24, 2011 | 8:38 am

Hooray!! My friends and I have all been looking forward to this for a long time (I’ve bought copies of your stuff for several of them + a local radio station over the years…I was also a bit…erm, altered by Xty as a child, and now, as an adult, I figure, why not convert for something that’s actually interesting.) Now, I know that you would probably never bother to come anywhere near the wasteland that is the midwestern US (I frankly wouldn’t if I hadn’t been born here), but when the time for touring does come around, could you maybe consider taping a performance for DVD as well, so that those of us on the farther corners of civilization could also get a teeny glimpse of pure, undiluted awesome?

Sending fan love from Wisconsin :-)

10. Ohadinu
    February 24, 2011 | 8:29 pm

Can not wait…

11. Derek
    February 24, 2011 | 8:45 pm

This has to be one of my favorite images of Gavin … absolutely fantastic concept and photo! Love it! Can’t wait to hear the album (and I’m in LA LA Land, California, so hopefully it’ll come out soon after the April 22 release in Ireland).

12. Peter
    February 26, 2011 | 3:21 am

Now please… get started on the next album to make up for 16 years! :)

(Favorite songs: Falling Off…, Last Song, You Take Away the Sun, King of Trash) I like the songs that are melodic and clean enough to play for the kids.

13. Paul
    February 27, 2011 | 11:03 am

Djeez. Gavin. You scared the hell out of me. I thought you died or something. Can’t wait to hear the new album. The next album a bit quicker next time? I’ve been shagging tobacco for 16 years and i don’t even smoke.

14. Bren
    March 2, 2011 | 10:25 am

Having had Shag Tobacco in my head for my last two years while living in San Franciso..and leaning on Gavin & Maurices drippingly sexy tracks to introduce me to Dubai back in 1998..as soon as I had met the love of my life….the album was presented to a friend…for his listening pleasure..Twelve years later..the same disc has returned to me and as I type …Caruso….bliss
    Thank you Gavin…its a long way from an Amusement arcade on Marlborough Street..just down from Dolphin records..acroos from the High Tide..where as young boys..waitin on the bus home..we would duck inside and see these wonderful characters playing the games (Prunes )
    Keep it real a chara
    Brendan

15. Kay Valera
    March 2, 2011 | 12:49 pm

Gavin, I look forward to walking with you in old Portuguese Ireland, if the lore of the mothers is real. That Mick would rise again, in more than spirit, music, and revolution, after having fought his battle to be an American, shot in the left side of his back, through the subclavian artery with so many bullets….a martyr reborn, according to Dr. Ian Stevenson, would have heart defects and missing left ventricle. Yes. It’s true. And not my fault. I have no idea what this will sound like, but my heart is a mother in grief. With or Without…that child. Wish B didn’t terrorise me so. I love him, but he’s always…older and I followed barely able to walk in diapers behind great men. Can a woman do any more any better, than giver herself away. I did only when I had to, when my son was dying…John Shannon.

16. Kay Valera
    March 2, 2011 | 1:04 pm

Think Cohen…he always had a way of mixing love with blood clotting on a fatted lip.Last Year’s Man….when the children sing…”The lovers will rise up, and the mountains touch the ground. And we read from pleasant Bibles that are bound in blood and skin, that the Wilderness is gathering all it’s children back again.

That guy in Montrose, was a psycho aka color of authority. Drank, and grinned at me. I realized all along he’d followed me for years. He took the ground beneath my feet, and thought it was a celebration as I sat puzzled realizing his male ego I turned down well over a decade ago,…was all about lying to my father, then celebrating with a drink and smoke. I turned him down and AFTER a decade, here comes his devilish smirk. He SMILED.

17. Deno
    March 7, 2011 | 1:57 am

Now THAT’s what I call a splendid albumcover…
    If the music is as good as this one, we all gonna have some good spends hours…

P.S. Gavin’s on the 2CD ‘The Devil in Love’. Very nice contribution and not being the only one who did a nice job!
    P.P.S. Check out:
    - Dez Mona; the belgian guys who performed at the Virgin Prunes Tribute Night in Brussels, some years ago…
    - Michael J Sheehy; Paddy anti-hero who did some sad/nice albums and a couple of kickass’s with Dream City Film Club…

18. Markus
    March 7, 2011 | 11:01 pm

These are quite outstanding and creative times when Steven Severin (‘Blood Of A Poet, Le Sang D’Un Poète’), David J (‘Not Long For This World’) and Gavin Friday (‘Catholic’) come out with such brilliant albums after all these times and the inspirations and references often source from them same roots of great arts & artist in the past. Hope to see you in Germnay…

19. moleskin65
    March 11, 2011 | 10:47 am

The Times They Are A-Changin’………………. No Education=No Future.Bring it on,Gavin.